Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Christmas Blessings


I am up with my sweet baby waiting for her to go to sleep. Holding this sweet little blessing from heaven makes me think of all of the other blessings in my life. I love the Christmas season and the feeling that goes along with it. It helps me to remember what is truly important in life. I am blessed to live in this great country, state, and community. I am so blessed to have great friends and extended family. We are blessed to have good jobs. I am blessed to have the gospel in my life and a knowledge of the savior and the blessing of eternal families. I am so blessed to have a great husband who is always willing to serve. I am so grateful for my children and the blessing that they are in my life, even though being a mom can be difficult at times, I wouldn't trade it for anything. I know that my children aren't always the best behaved, or the most polite, and sometimes they can be down right naughty. However, I am grateful for their enthusiasm, their love for life, and their high energy. They make life fun and they keep me laughing. They each add something to our family and I'm so thankful to be their mother. Merry Christmas everyone!



Calllie is wearing my blessing dress in the picture. I am trying to decide if Callie should wear it for her blessing, which will take place Sunday, January 3, 2010. I bought Paige a really pretty blessing dress and I'm worried that someday Callie will feel bad that hers is just a sweet simple little dress and not a beautiful one like her sisters. I have also tried whitening the dress and it still looks a little bit off-white. I have about one week to decide. any advice?

2 comments:

  1. Christie....I LOVE gratitude posts! It's so easy to get caught up in the... I don't have's/I wants, and harder to take a second and trully realized how blessed you are! I need to be better at that. Your little family is adorable!

    I would definately bless Callie in your dress, but I'm sentimental like that. I wish I would have used mine for Carlie.

    Hope you had a Merry Christmas! Monica

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it is going to be the other way around and Paige asking why she didn't get your dress. I would definately bless her in your dress. I too am sentimental about things like that. Can't wait till Sunday to see what you decide.

    ReplyDelete