Wednesday, February 2, 2011

A Great Day

One of our engagement pictures

11 years ago today, I went on my first official date with Brandon. Oh, the memories! When I was working as a Lifeguard at Riverside, My friend, Christine (who also worked at riverside), kept trying to set me up with Brandon's twin brother. She invited me to a New Year's Party, so that I could get to know Brett better. Well, that night I met Brandon. I only vaguely remember him from that night, but as fate would have it, I ended up hanging out with Brandon several times that month. Then one night he called and asked me out. Feb. 2, 2000 We went to dinner and a movie and had a great time. I held his hand on the way out to the car and I guess he thought that meant I wanted a kiss. Yup, our first date was also our first kiss.

10 years ago today, Brandon took me out to dinner and then we headed up to Salt Lake City to watch The Testaments. After the show we walked around Temple Square and then of course Brandon asked me to marry him with the Temple in the background. I still get butterflies just thinking about him down on his knee. I am so greatful for my amazing husband. I feel so blessed to be his wife. And I will be forever grateful to Cameron and Christine who made it all possible. Thank you!

3 comments:

  1. That is such a cute story! Happy first date anniversary!
    Oh, and I love your engagement picture. It looks like it could have been taken yesterday, you both look exactly the same and haven't aged a day.:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute! I didn't know some of those things! First date, first kiss!!! lol! He is a great husband and you two are cute together!

    ReplyDelete