Colby turned 8 on February 13. He was lucky enough to be baptized and confirmed by his dad on his Birthday. Our ward just changed the baptisms from being any day that you personally chose, to a scheduled ward baptism day. I scheduled months ago because I wanted to make Colby a baptism quilt with the right date. The primary was nice enough to leave it on the already scheduled date. It was a wonderful, spiritual day. We went to church in the morning and then had his baptism at 5:00 in the evening. I let Colby pick the people who he wanted to be on the program. Everyone did a great job. While Colby changed his clothes after he was baptized, we watched a slide show of pictures from Colby's 8 years. It was fun to see him go from a tiny baby to an 8 year old boy. It took me a lot of time to get it all together, but it was definitely worth it. I think that it really added to the day. It was so neat to see all of the family and friends there who came to support Colby on this very important day in his life. We felt blessed to have his school teacher and her husband, who is our Stake President, there. He stood in the confirmation circle along with our bishop and many other priesthood holders. Pretty neat. We had a small dinner and a little Birthday celebration right after his baptism program. Thanks to everyone who came and made this day so fabulous for Colby. It was a special day.
Colby and Brandon in their white
with mom and dad before the baptism
With the fam before the baptism
Colby getting ready for his Baptism
Colby with his cake at the dinner and party after his baptism
Colby opening presents
He opened a few gifts before church.
I love that expression on his face.
I made this quilt "comforter" for Colby, so that he could remember his baptism day and the importance of the Holy Ghost (Comforter) in his life. I know this is a wild and colorful quilt, but I used white minkie (super soft) fabric for the back of the quilt. At first I wasn't very excited about this crazy quilt, but now I love it. I think it totally fits Colby's personality. The front reminds me of Colby's energetic, colorful, busy personality, but the back helps me remember Colby's softer sweeter side.

What a great day and what a beautiful reminder with the quilt. That's talent!
ReplyDeleteWhat an awesome idea! I LOVE the quilt...so cute! You are so good at quilting now. I'm so glad the day went so well. I'm sure Colby will never forget the day because of all the extra things you did to make it special!
ReplyDeleteWhat a nice day. I am glad it went well. I am also glad you posted pictures of the fun and happy quilt. I bet Colby is loving it.
ReplyDeleteYou should look at my friends blog (Teresa and Peter). She made some really cute quilts. I love the little girl one. Just thought you'd be interested in them!
ReplyDelete