Sunday, March 27, 2011

Skiing








I LOVE to ski, but haven't skied for 9 years (I have been kind of busy with my 4 kiddos).  Skiing was something that we did as a family when I was growing up and I really enjoyed it.  When I was young, we had 7 apple trees in our yard and we would sell apples in the fall and save the money to pay for our family ski trips.  I have great memories of skiing with my dad, siblings and friends.  I really got the itch to ski when we went tubing in Beaver at the ski resort.  Lucky for us some of our friends invited us to go skiing with them about 3 weeks ago.  Brandon had class, but I decided to take Colby and Paige.  My brother, Jeff, came with me and helped me teach my kids how to ski.  We had a blast and the kids did really well.  Colby and Paige have been begging to go skiing again.  I decided that it was probably a good idea to take them skiing one more time before the end of the ski season, so that they wouldn't forget how.  We went skiing on Saturday and were so glad that Brandon came with us this time.  My brother, Jeff, came along too.  The kids did awesome.  (Paige actually learned how to turn this time, instead of skiing straight down the hill as fast as she could and then crashing to stop).  Hopefully we can continue skiing as a family.  We will have to figure out how to earn some extra cash this summer to help us save for skiing next year.  I'm glad that my kids seem to like skiing as much as I do and that they got the hang of it quickly. Fun times ahead. 

4 comments:

  1. So fun! I couldn't believe how much fun we had when we took our kids. I hope that it is something that we continue to do also. Of course there are no mountains out here, more like hills. Eventually we'll have to take them to Utah so they can really learn to ski:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so fun! We have been wanting to take Damen. Maybe next winter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! Skiing really is such a wonderful family activity. Just wish it didn't cost so much! I like the idea of working to earn the money together. Maybe I'll do something like that with my kids this year . . .

    ReplyDelete